Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Garage gap fill

mailjintu
Finding My Feet

Garage gap fill

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi, i need to do epoxy in my garage floor and i realised that there are gap between skirting board and floor which needs to be filled first as i will have to clean garage with water and acid few times. 

i got the selleys no more gap (interior) and a chulking gun from store. 

wanted to check if the no more gap ( interior) is will be good for this work or should i get a water proof sealant or any other product.

I am not intending to clean garage with a water spray frequently in future ( just few times before epoxy). 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Garage gap fill

Hello @mailjintu

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's great to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your garage gap filler.

Using Selleys 475g No More Gaps Interior Multipurpose Gap Filler should be sufficient to withstand a little washing. I don't recommend using a pressure washer against the gap filler itself. My best suggestion is to make sure that the gap is very clean, free of dust and debris. Your goal is to provide the best possible surface for the gap filler to hold on to. Please make sure to provide enough time for the product to cure. Aside from your gap-filling project, it sounds like you're painting your garage floor as well. How big is the garage? Which floor epoxy have you decided to use? Any photo updates you can provide would be much appreciated.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

hi @EricL ,

Thanks for your reply. I have got Dy-mark 8L slate Epoxy coat for my double garage. Also planning to get hydrochloric acid to do an acid etching before epoxy.

JDE
Becoming a Leader

Hi @mailjintu

I agree with Eric. Interestingly selleys used to have a product rated for both internal and external use which they stopped selling about 12 months ago when I was in the middle of a job. I noticed that the bar code on it and the current interior multipurpose was the same so rang selleys and was told that they were in fact the same product and that they were removing the interior/exterior one to make people use their designated exterior one on outside jobs. So should be ok to use. Having helped my better half recently do a dirty pour (extreme version of epoxy floor) prep is everything especially make sure your floor has had time to dry after cleaning before putting on epoxy or you risk getting bubbles in final product. IMG_1915.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome work @JDE.

I would encourage you to hit the Start a discussion button and share your epoxy floor project in more detail. It's bound to be super popular with the community. Experienced member @maknilsin's epoxy garage floor transformation remains the community's most-viewed project.    

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JDE
Becoming a Leader

I may have built everything else in the picture including the building. But the floor was my wifes work all I did was help with the prep and mix epoxy on the day of the pour.JDE

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects