Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How can we improve your Workshop?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

How can we improve your Workshop?

We have big plans for Workshop’s future.

In the spirit of D.I.Y. we will be constantly tinkering - adding new functionality, making the site easier to use, and adding new content.

For example, we know the system for uploading images is currently a little clunky. We’re working on a quick and easy drag-and-drop solution that we hope to add soon. Stay tuned.  

More importantly, we want to hear your ideas for Workshop. We would love to hear your thoughts on how we can improve your Workshop and make it even more useful to you.

Please reply to the thread below or feel free to contact us if you’re a little shy and would like to chat privately.

Many thanks for your input.

Jason

Community Manager

WoodWorking.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
maknilsin
Making a Splash

Re: How can we improve your Workshop?

The home page has the filters of Recent and Most popular. Maybe a third option of "For You" or "My Posts" would be beneficial?

The For You section could include content that may interest me based on what I have previously commented on or posted myself.

My Posts would just be an easy way to get back into the action on posts that I have previously written and may want quick and easy access back into the conversation.

Many thanks for the feedback @maknilsin.

It's a great suggestion and something we've already been working on. We definitely do want to make it easier to jump back to discussions you've recently participated in. We do have the My Posts link under My account on the top right of every page but we'll be adding at least a couple of new features:

- A recent posts drop down on the top right of every page that will show your last three posts and also provide a link to View all. 

- A My Posts component at board level underneath the Recent/Most Popular posts. For example, on the Gardening board we would have My Gardening Posts and show the last three gardening discussions you have participated in.

Thanks again for your comments. Any other feedback is most welcome. 

Jason

Hi @maknilsin,

Hope you are well.

Just dropping by because we have rolled out the changes that you suggested. You can now click on the speech bubble on the top right of every page to get quick and easy access to all of your posts. When browsing discussion boards, you can also see your five most recent posts on that board towards the bottom of each page.

Feel free to keep the suggestions coming.

Jason

Mick0s
Having an Impact

I've got a small cosmetic gripe.
The PM and Notification Icons at the top right show up with the red circle even when there's nothing to action within.
With the small text of the number themselves, would these be better off without the circle unless there's something actionable?

Cheers, Mick.
Mick0s
Having an Impact

And now that I've submitted a quick reply, I've found another grip. (I swear, I'm not usually *this* picky!)
On clicking the "Quick Reply" button the post disappeared from the box, but the page did not refresh with my new post as I was expecting that it might. Initially this led me to think that maybe the post required approval before being published, a manual refresh of the page brought it up. .
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, agreed @Mick0s. It's already on the list but I really appreciate your feedback. Please let me know if you have any other gripes! Any comments are very welcome.

Jason 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks again. Auto-refreshing the page is a tricky one @Mick0s according to the dev team. That was another point we had also already raised. We are still investigating but might just need to make the "Success...." message more prominent as obviously you missed it on this occasion.

You are welcome to be picky! We want to ensure the site is really easy to use and accessible to all. Appreciate the feedback. 

Jason

Maybe this is a bit too DIY for here, but what about a place with pictures/descriptions for jigs we make. Like I have made the following jigs in the past:

* Simple Table Saw from a circular saw
* Cross cut sled for table saw
* Simple router table
* Jointer rig using a electric hand planer.

Would people find that useful ?

Welcome to Workshop @Forgetabull. It's great to have you join the community. I'm looking forward to reading about your projects. It sounds like you've got a lot of fantastic experience you can share.

I'm sure many Workshop members would welcome you to start a new discussion in the Outdoor Living board with some of the jigs you have made and find it very useful. Let me know if you have any trouble adding a post and/or pictures.

You might also find these posts of interest:

Thanks again for joining us. 

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects