Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to organise all my drill bits

Madmoggy
Having an Impact

How to organise all my drill bits

My local MAKEROOM guy came to my aid . Nigel had the same problem of storing all your bits in one easy to get place. And an easy way to sort themas the numerals their size tend to be very difficult to read for some of us. He made. Colourful face plates for each drawer with the size label on it and then drilled a hole through each so you could test by poking the bit in. So I embraced his project he had designed on a laser cutter. (Wish I had one)

After some negotiation Nigel produced me several hundred pieces 133 cut pieces I glued all the finger joints and WOW a real strong box and strong little drawers.  The other day I realised one could similar using storage units from Bunnings and simply drill a hole in the front with each drill bit and label them such as this one. Not as macho as Nigels 

Feel free to tell me I’m crazy 😜 B015A5C0-C4AB-42CB-AA4F-EE8A11847769.jpeg7425C0D7-8C3F-490A-A5F1-E57D1ACD601A.jpeg

Baretta11
Becoming a Leader

Re: How to organise all my drill bits

@Madmoggy 

Nice box set with lovely dowel finish.

I like it!!

Cheers,

Barbara

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects