Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove spilt paint off concrete?

brendawebster44
Making a Splash

How to remove spilt paint off concrete?

My lovely neighbour and friend spilt dark blue paint all over my garage floor ,how do I get it off 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to remove spilt paint off concrete?

How much paint has been spilled @brendawebster44? Would it be easier to paint over the entire concrete floor rather than remove the paint?

Let me tag @EricL for his thoughts.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

I could not paint the whole garage floor it’s just big patches here and there but looks messy 

Hello @brendawebster44

Does your garage have a rough cement finish or a smooth finish? If it is rough, you can use some hot water and a Trojan 4x15 Row Stainless Steel Wire Brush. If it is a smooth finish, try using a Craftright 5-in-1 Scraper to scrape the paint off.

However, if the paint has embedded itself into the cement, I suggest trying Diggers 1L Acetone Cleaning Solvent in combination with the Steel Wire Brush. Please make sure to wear gloves, eye protection, and a mask to protect yourself from the acetone. Give these methods a try and see if the paint comes off. If it does not work I will recommend another method.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

hi, I hope this is you. It’s smooth concrete and the only problem with your gracious suggestions is I can no longer bend down to use a wire brush. The garage is huge so painting it is out.All I can think of is your last suggestion but use my imagination to pull it off. When I received the wrong sponge for my roller it didn’t stop me from using it. I will try to get a long wire brush tape it to my long handle mop I no longer use and scrub the thing off that way. I wouldn’t bother but it’s just outside the back door and the garage door. Where I have a nice outdoor setting.Thankyou very much I will let you know what happens yours brenda

Hi Eric, I did return your message immediately but got a message to say there were problems with the internet and my message was not sent. Apologies for that. I will probably use your last suggestion but will have to be creative as I no longer can crouch down after two hip replacements. Thankyou Eric for your time yours brenda

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects