Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair Ozito mitre saw blade guard?

arian10daddy
Building a Reputation

How to repair Ozito mitre saw blade guard?

Hi everyone. I have an Ozito 210mm dual bevel sliding mitre saw. While cutting up aome wood, a small piece flung off and got stuck in the blade guard. After I removed that piece, the blade guard doesn't go up as far up anymore as it used to when I bring the handle down to make a cut. Below is the pic that shows the blade guard when the saw is at its lowest point.

20230119_133456.jpg

What can be done to make it right again?

Re: How to repair Ozito mitre saw blade guard?

Look like a series of unfortunate events... Can't find the receipt, can't find the transaction on current card. Had another (currently discontinued) card a few years back but can't remember if that was used to buy the saw. May just have been bought in cash. Frankly I can't remember the details. All I know is it was bought a little before April 2021, the same time as I built a deck earlier. The deck was discussed in this forum at https://www.workshop.bunnings.com.au/t5/Outdoor/Low-Deck-Timber-options-for-frame/m-p/65891#M10037

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair Ozito mitre saw blade guard?

Hello @arian10daddy

Allow me to assist you further with this, let me send you a PM so that I can get more details.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects