Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to treat damage from Selleys Rapid Mould and Rust?

bazz235
Getting Established

How to treat damage from Selleys Rapid Mould and Rust?

I used Seeleys Rapid Mould Killer on my shed ceiling and it worked a treat. However, the frame has a white crust where the mould killer touched, and any screws are rusting (even my golf clubs that got a bit of drip off have a few rust dots).

Oops.

What can I do to reverse this?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to treat damage from Selleys Rapid Mould and Rust?

Hi @bazz235,

Could you please let us know what your materials your shed frame is? Is it steel? 

You might like to share some photos so members can see the damage.

I'll also tag our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @EricL to assist. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to treat damage from Selleys Rapid Mould and Rust?

Hello @bazz235 

My apologies for the late reply. Rapid Mould Killer has a bleach component in it and if its not washed away will produce a chemical reaction. I recommend getting a damp cloth and wiping off the crust that's developed. I also recommend spraying the area with water and wiping off any chemical residue that may have been left behind. Once all the chemical has been removed the reaction should stop.

To neutralize the rust on your screws, I suggest using White Knight 0.125L Rust Guard Rust Converter on the screw heads and painting them over with any leftover paint you might have in your shed.

Please make sure to wear personal protection such as gloves and goggles when working on your project. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects