Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to water-seal edges of an Absco garden shed?

bennyboy
Cultivating a Following

How to water-seal edges of an Absco garden shed?

Hi, I constructed an Absco 3m x 3m garden shed on an existing concrete slab as a DIY (totally new to DIY, and highly inexperienced). With the build complete (sparing a few minor issues), I am now looking for steps to seal the edges of the shed, so as to prevent any water ingress when it rains. 

Absco recommend the shed be built with the edges on a recessed concrete slab to prevent this, which wasn't an option as i wasn't sure which shed i was getting when the slab was laid years ago. Question is, how do i seal the inner edges of the shed? 

Some pics of the shed and issue attached, looking for inputs from the community. 

Shed on slabShed on slabFront entryFront entryLooking towards the rear of shedLooking towards the rear of shedRear right corner, exposed sideRear right corner, exposed side

Re: How to water-seal edges of an Absco garden shed?

Thank you 

679F9502-A1C7-41FE-BEB4-8F55F9077C04.jpeg

  

All fixed. Thanks for your hel

88736FAB-C5FA-4A0C-BAC0-03205156C75E.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @jbellerby 

Thanks for posting those photo updates. That aluminium angle blends right in with the shed assembly.

If you need assistance with any other projects, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

I think I've mentioned before some right angle aluminium on the inside with some sikaflex or Shelly's polyurethane will do the trick or just the polyurethane to seal the gap.

Forget silicon it will crack over time.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects