Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Old shed reno - games room conversion

wooshka
Making a Splash

Old shed reno - games room conversion

Hi , thought i might share some photo's of the old shed that was at the house we bought a couple of years ago that we have converted into a games room/spare room over the last year.

The shed is 6X5 metres inside and the covered area outside is 3X5m so a nice size

We lifted the roof off and insulated underneath then screwed it back down, sounds like a big job but with the misses on the ladder we did it in about 4 hours.

underneath the ceiling was done in 6mm cement sheeting as we are in a really high rainfall area and didn't want to worry about gyprock getting wet as it is still essentially a shed

All the interior walls are insulated with 120 mm insulation the lined with 9mm plywood

we had an asbestos removalist removed the end wall so we could put in the sliding door.

The cabinets are from Bunnings and do the job perfectly

had  a sparky run the power inside and outside as well as antenna connections 

IMG_20191004_174412.jpgIMG_20191004_174403.jpgIMG_20191201_162007.jpgIMG_20191201_162024.jpgIMG_20191117_161412~2.jpgIMG_20190203_094732.jpgIMG_20190203_094803.jpgIMG_20190203_094649.jpgimage16.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Old Shed Reno

Hi @wooshka,

That's a fantastic way to utilise a shed and a great idea to lift the roof like that. I trust it makes the entire room feel much larger with the open ceiling.

When you had the roof off, did you first lay sheeting on top of the rafters before installing the insulation?

Many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Old Shed Reno

Hi @MitchellMc , We layed 4mm insulation across the rafters then screwed the roof back down , i then got a tradie to install the sheeting from underneath straight onto the roof battens

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects