Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ozito cordless battery compatibility

Ricochet
Getting Established

Ozito cordless battery compatibility

Hi.   I have just bought an Ozito 12v cordless drill.  Could I use the battery from that in an Ozito 18v Circular saw or other Ozito power tool.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ozito Cordless

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Ricochet. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Generally, 18-volt and 12-volt tools do not have exchangeable batteries. The Ozito Home 12v Drill Driver Kit's battery is compatible with the rest of their 12-volt cordless range. However, the 18-volt range will not accept the 12-volt battery.

Please let me know if you need further information or had any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
BrianTheBuilder
Finding My Feet

Where can I purchase the 12v POWER XCHANGE batteries?

I have a question on compatibility, as an example I have a box here for a 10MM COMPACT DRILL DRIVER KIT, it says 5 year warranty, PXCDK-150 (I know it is the cheapie of the lot, but I have the box handy), now it is a POWER XCHANGE range product but is 12v, where can I get batteries for it as it would be 1 or possibly 2 years old at most (we have many other 12v power XCHANGE range including a $399 lawn mower, the 4 battery one, so we would not want to replace that after around a year with a single use).

I asked a guy in the toolshop when I was in Bunnings on the weekend and he was not certain of if the 12v home batteries would suit (not that they had any either).

So we do we need to go out and buy all new brushless hammer drill, brushless impact driver, circular saw, etc if we want to get batteries?

Or are the 18v batteries are smart enough to know the difference with the pins or the 12v home range would suit (actually not "smart" as such, just more 2 pin circuits, 1pin for -ve, 1pin for +12v and another for +18v)?

Kindly advise what we should do.

Regards

Brian

Re: Where can I purchase the 12v POWER XCHANGHE batteries?

Hi @BrianTheBuilder,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We are looking forward to seeing what projects you tackle with your tools. 

I will ask @MitchellMc to give you a hand with your Ozito products when he is back on the site on Friday. Apologies for the delay, he is having a few well-earned days off. If you're in a hurry, you could contact Ozito directly.

All the best,

Jason

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

I think Mitch has answered the 12v and 18v question before and they are not compatible.

PXCDK-150 Ozito has listed as 18v on the web-page.

https://ozito.com.au/products/pxcdk-150/ 

Thanks for your input Brad. 

@BrianTheBuilder - you might find this previous discussion helpful: Ozito cordless battery compatibility

Jason

@Jason, yeh I saw that one originally, but setup a new thread as it seemed to talk about the home range being used the 18v range from what I can see, I am more about the XCHANGE 12V range batteries especially for the mower which has only been used once and I will likely need to buy some more batteries when I travel to the block again as I cant see myself carrying 4 lithium batteries on a plane, then leave them down in the shed with a charger and timer or something to keep them healthy and not drop in voltage too much.

Brian

You know what, I checked the box getting ready to take a pic, then checked the instructions in it... I really should sleep first before posting.... :embarassed: After all that it is 18v, I got confused and feel really silly now.... So I thought I better own up to not thinking straight instead of editing the post....

Sorry guys, for some reason I was thinking that the XCHANGE range was 12v initially, no idea where I got the idea, maybe because of the lack of stock of batteries did not help (yeh no batteries at all in stock where I went)... or just too many battery operated tools around me (can't see the forest for the trees).

** Anyway, long story short, my mistake it is an 18v (as is the 3ah  battery I use with it which came from another Ozito kit). Time to organise some batteries.... and sulk...

And Kudos to @Brad for looking up the model and making me check the box again...

All good @BrianTheBuilder. Don't hesitate to post whenever you need a hand with anything. We're here to help.

Jason

@Jason I also thought it would be best to leave the post "as is" in case someone else comes along and stumbles on it... saves them feeling not so bright for a moment...  and yeh all good, just lesson learned, double check everything, like the "measure twice cut once" saying.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects