Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ozito cordless battery compatibility

Ricochet
Getting Established

Ozito cordless battery compatibility

Hi.   I have just bought an Ozito 12v cordless drill.  Could I use the battery from that in an Ozito 18v Circular saw or other Ozito power tool.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: interchangeable batteries

Hi @barrycc,

I don't believe Ozito and XU1 share the same attachment methods for their batteries, so you couldn't interchange batteries even if you wanted to. Each brand uses a proprietary attachment method to ensure users don't connect the wrong brand's battery and cause damage to the tool or battery.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: interchangeable batteries

Hi Mitchell,

Thanks for your comments.  I guess I'll now have to accept the fact that I'll have to have an extra charger & battery system which I was trying to avoid. Bunnings (Ozito) do not seem to have the Pole Pruner And Hedge Trimmer Kit that I was considering from XU1. On the other hand as I have to accept a new system a different unit from Kogan may be a better option for me.   Oh well, such is life.  B~)

Regards

BarryCC

Terrenzo
Just Starting Out

Charger and Lead for an Ozito CDR 012?

Hi

Are chargers, leads, and batteries available for Ozito CDR - 012 cordless drill??

Thank you 

T.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Charger and Lead for an Ozito CDR 012?

Hello @Terrenzo 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us.

I've just been in contact with the Ozito spare parts team, I'm sorry but the charger and battery for the CDR-012 has been discontinued and is no longer being produced. 

I can only suggest having a look at the Antsig Multi Voltage Power Supply. They come in multiple voltage ratings and have a wide variety of adaptor ends. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Jay9
Just Starting Out

Ozito battery compatibility

Hi, I have an Ozito grass trimmer with one 18v 2.0 Ah battery - can I use that battery with an 18v 4.0 Ah on the 36v (2 batteries) whipper snipper without damaging either battery?

Thanks

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ozito battery compatibility

Hello @Jay9 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us.

Allow me to make some inquiries regarding the use of mixed batteries on the Ozito line trimmer unit. As soon as I have more information, I'll get back to you.

Thank you for your patience.

Eric

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ozito battery compatibility

Hello @Jay9 

Thank you so much for your patience, I've just been in contact with the Ozito technical team. They've informed me that it's best to use batteries with the same amperage. They don't recommend using batteries with different amperes as it could possibly damage the batteries. 

I would recommend getting another Ozito PXC 18V 4.0Ah Lithium-Ion Battery as it will give you a longer run time on your grass trimmer.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.    

Eric

biAl
Just Starting Out

How to use old Ozito battery?

i have an old type ozito 18v battery. is there an adapter to the current ozito battery

1704950525947573847531812833957.jpg

17049505497688436172820661609008.jpg

 is there an adapter for the old ozito battery, as i have a set of tools.  Or is there a battery i can buy?

Re: i have an old type ozito 18v battery. is there an adapter to the current ozito battery

Hi @biAl 

Sorry it appears once they  changed to then new battery standard the older system is discontinued.

Given  older batteries have a natural life span of  chargers it might not be at full capacity any more.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to use old Ozito battery?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @biAl. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about Ozito battery compatibility.

Unfortunately I am unaware of any adaptor that will allow the new battery style to fit into your older tools. If there is a model number on the older battery pack and you could provide it, I can contact Ozito after the weekend to see if there are any replacements still being made in that style.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects