Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ozito cordless battery compatibility

Ricochet
Getting Established

Ozito cordless battery compatibility

Hi.   I have just bought an Ozito 12v cordless drill.  Could I use the battery from that in an Ozito 18v Circular saw or other Ozito power tool.

Re: need replacement battery help

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @bzalmummy. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about purchasing a replacement Ozito battery.

The battery for your blower is available from Ozito and can be ordered through your local Bunnings stores Special Orders desk. The product code for the battery is 340802601020.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
tandem
Just Starting Out

replacement charger

can i buy a replacement charger for ozito hlt 072 grass trimmer please

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: replacement charger

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @tandem. It's fabulous to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about purchasing replacement chargers.

The Ozito Hedge/Grass trimmer HLT-072 is a current model, so I see no reason why Ozito wouldn't have the replacement chargers available. Please see the Special Orders team at your local Bunnings, and they'll place an order for you.

Mitchell

ahmedtamim21
Just Starting Out

Can I use Ozito PXC 18V 2.0Ah Battery And Charger Pack PXBC-200C in Milauwkee M18 B5?

PXL_20230716_125501533.jpgPXL_20230719_065337547.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can I use Ozito PXC 18V 2.0Ah Battery And Charger Pack PXBC-200C in Milauwkee M18 B5?

Hello @ahmedtamim21 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's a pleasure to have you join us and thank you for sharing your question about the Ozito battery. 

I don't recommend using the Ozito charger on the Milwaukee battery. Ozito only recommends using Ozito batteries on Ozito chargers. Testing other branded batteries could result in an electrical short, fire and serious injury. 

In the interest of safety, please do not test or use the Ozito charger on any other type of battery.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

barrycc
Finding My Feet

interchangeable batteries

are Bunnings XU1 18V and Bunnings OzitoX PXC 18V batteries interchangeable

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: interchangeable batteries

Hello @barrycc 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's a pleasure to have you join us and thank you for sharing your question about the Ozito and XU1 batteries.

I don't recommend swapping batteries on either branded tool. Ozito only recommends using Ozito batteries on Ozito tools. Testing other branded batteries or swapping them over could result in an electrical short, fire and serious injury.

In the interest of safety, please do not test or use the Ozito battery on any other tool. I also don't recommend using the XU1 battery on any Ozito tool either. Any damage caused by battery swapping will void your warranty. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

Hi EricL,

Thanks for your reply. I fully understand your reply and the dangers associated with interchangeability. My concern is about the mechanical changeability rather than the electrical. Before I make any swap I would compare the internal electrics and the terminal connections but more critically the fitting of  appropriate BMS (Battery management System) circuitry.

I appreciate your time and perhaps you could advise the mechanical changeability.

BarryCC

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @barrycc 

I'm sorry, but the only mechanical part I'm familiar with changing is the keyless chuck attached to the drill. The Ozito mechanical parts inside including the BMS is proprietary information. 

When you mention mechanical changeability, are you referring to the internal gears of the drill itself? Was there a specific part you are hoping to change or find out about? If you can provide me with a bit more information, I can ask Ozito for you.

Eric

Eric, I should have been more specific. What I was looking for was are the batteries mechanicaly changeable i.e. If regardless of consequences can an Ozito 18 volt battery plug into an XU1 18 volt device socket and vice versa?

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects