Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Reviving rusted tools

Finding My Feet

Reviving rusted tools

I have been hanging onto my late Fathers tools and decided to try to revive them, so using what I had on hand, I soaked in rust converter,  scrubbed with a wire brush, then polished with autosol. Voila , I am mildly pleased, although my husband suggested later to use a flappy disc thing, but I don't walk around with one in my pocket generally lol

20200226_171849.jpg

20200226_171525.jpg

20200226_170618.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Reviving rusted tools

Great result @212422! Many thanks for sharing.

You might also be interested in this technique that @Super_D shared if you have others to do - Removing rust from tools without caustic chemicals

Welcome to the Workshop community. We are looking forward to reading more about your projects. Perhaps you have big plans for those tools? Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share. We have a wonderful community of people sharing helpful information, advice and inspiration every day. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
casper1
Growing in Experience

Well done. The quality of these older tools can't be beat.They are comperable to the top of the range products available in the Hardware stores today. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @casper1. Great to see you also make your first post!

Welcome,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

That’s truly impressive and also makes it really special if the tools have been handed down from a loved one 😊

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

@212422 Welcome to the Workshop Community! That came up fantastic, I am very impressed with those results!

Thanks for posting on workshop, we appreciate your contribution and look forwards to you sharing your future projects.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects