Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Tool workspace

Bella
Growing in Experience

Tool workspace

cork spacers for pegboard2.jpg
Bella
Growing in Experience

Re: Tool workspace

Starting to bring my tool workspace together. As I live in an apartment (without a garage) I do not have room to store a lot of tools. My only choice to have a chance at organising my tools was to put a couple of old bookshelves in the hallway. I attached wheels/castors to the bottom first. Then cut up pegboard (a $26 sheet from Bunnings) to fill the top spaces. On the table here you can see I've repurposed some old cork heat mats. They were cut, stacked and glued to make spacers to set the pegboard away from the back board. 

Bella
Growing in Experience

cork spacers for pegboard.jpg

This was the initiation of my new circular saw last month. It looks suitably dusty for its first try-out. Unfortunately I do not have any room to store a table saw in my apartment so this has to make-do.

I've repurposed old timber fence posts on my old glass table in my courtyard. Unfortunately this project has stalled for now- whilst I get onto other more urgent tasks (eg making Christmas presents). 

Bella
Growing in Experience

tool storage in progress 1.jpg

My bookshelf tool organisation. There are three bookcases in total. One is for paint supplies. The large one is for tools. The third one will take the overflow for now (and craft supplies eventually). So far, in this pic, the castors are on the bottom of all the shelves so I can move them easily. The pegboard is still to be attached. Eventually I will paint and wallpaper the backs of these and they will become a gallery in my hallway. I'll then wheel them out to reveal the tools when needed. 

Bella
Growing in Experience

Ryobi bundle from Gumtree 2.jpg

About time I upgraded my tools. These RyobiONE+ tools have proved their worth in just a month of use. Better still- they were a second-hand buy via Gumtree. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects