Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What circular saw do you recommend for a novice?

ashraf
Just Starting Out

What circular saw do you recommend for a novice?

i am interested in purchasing a circular saw as a novice DIYer i have the Bosch blue drill and charger l aready which i use. Need lots of help on this on please.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: What circular saw do you recommend for a novice?

Hi @ashraf,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's great to have you join us.

Can you please tell us what kind of projects you plan to tackle with your circular saw? It will help our community members provide more helpful advice.

This Best Advice article should also be useful for you: What circular saw do you recommend?

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @ashraf,

If you have already invested in the Bosch Blue series, then it would make perfect sense to continue with it. You'll be able to use your existing batteries with a Bosch Blue 18V 165mm GKS Li-ion Professional Circular Saw. That's a really capable saw that should be more than adequate for all your D.I.Y. projects around the house. It would be a considerable expense to swap brands at this time as you'll have to repurchase batteries and a charger.

As Jason mentioned, if you can tell us a little more about what you'll be using the saw for, I trust our helpful members will have some more tailored suggestions.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Remarka6le
Amassing an Audience

After doing a lot of research, the best thing my wife & I did was choose a brand & stick with it, so if you've already got some Bosche items, you might want to continue on that course. I'm of the opinion that when it comes to tools, if the difference is $150 or less for the better model, go with the better model, you'll get better performance and long term use out of it (So the Bosch Blue 18V Brushless BI-Turbo might be the way to go here).

Speaking from my own experience, we already got a lot of industry level hand downs from my dad, but we wanted to choose something that felt right for us, which is what drew us into the Ryobi One + Range.  I bought the  ONE+ HP Brushless Circular Saw for my wifes birthday over the cheaper 18V 165mm Circular Saw after research and a good conversation with a Bunnings employee at their Springfield store in regards to the Cost / Performance / Build / Time ratio, which the Brushless won in all catergories. 

:smile: 

Remarka6le

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects