Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What screw is supposed to go on my 3D printer?

3dMan
Just Starting Out

What screw is supposed to go on my 3D printer?

IMG_20220212_193755.jpg

IMG_20220212_193613.jpg

IMG_20220212_193526.jpg

IMG_20220212_193447.jpg

 this is a question about the elegoo neptune 2 stepper motor for the z axis with the 2 screw that connect it to the frame 

Walter

Re: What screw is supposed to go here and can I get it here

Hey @3dMan   Welcome to the Workshop community.  I think they are hex screws.

Not sure, but there are experts on here who could point you to where you mights find them in a Bunnings store

Try this Manual

I think that's the right one, pages 7-11 I think.

Most of these screws and bolts are common to most 3D printers, my Creality uses these bolts I think.  It's terrible if you lose one hey?

Hope this helps

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @3dMan. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about screws.

I'm not particularly familiar with 3d printers, but isn't pages 7-11 referring to the X-axis @Walter? Whereas, we are looking to attach the big screw thingymabob that operates the Z-axis? Would that be page 5? If so, I'd presume that you'd need countersunk M4mm x 20mm bolts from the code. 

It looks like these Pinnacle M4 x 20mm Zinc Plated Round Head Bolts And Nuts would be the closest we have. They don't have the countersunk head, which is likely used to give you more clearance between the head and the coupler in front of it. It is best to check that the coupler clears them before start-up and that the stepper motor is solidly mounted once installed. 

You need something like this Zenith M5 x 19mm 316 Stainless Steel Countersunk Head Bolt And Nut but in a 4mm. It might be worth checking with your local stores Special Orders team to see if they can order a pack in for you.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

@MitchellMc 

Yeah, thanks for that, Page 5  :-). When I was looking at the PDF on the 'puter screen, it was page 11 on the "navigtion bar" on the left.

On the printer, the "Z" motor doesn't move around, just turns the rod, so that the bar goes up and down and the required rate, so I'm pretty sure the bolts you have recommended should be OK for a fix.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects