Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What varnish to use on internal timber beams?

Dabrowski
Just Starting Out

What varnish to use on internal timber beams?

76F8D861-2F8A-48B5-8AD5-930195BAA43A.jpeg

Hello. I have some new timber beams and posts in my home (now 3years old). I wonder if they need varnish and if so what would be good to use on them?  Thanks. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: What varnish to use on internal timber beams?

Hi @Dabrowski,

Let me extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. We're pleased to have you join us and am confident you'll get loads of helpful information, advice and inspiration for all your projects around the house and garden from our wonderful members.

Can you please provide a little more information so we can assist? Are you simply looking to make sure the timber is protected and prolong its life, or are you hoping to change the look of the beams in some way? If you could please provide a little more information then I'm sure members would be more than happy to recommend appropriate products for you.

Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share. And please let me know if you ever need assistance getting the most from the site. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects