Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Where do Redwood timber sleepers come from?

Jason4
Just Starting Out

Where do Redwood timber sleepers come from?

today is the first time I have ever seen Redwood timber for sale at Bunnings-in the form of sleepers. My question is where does it come from? 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Where do Redwood timber sleepers come from?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Jason4. It's great to have you join in the discussion. We trust that you'll get loads of ideas and inspiration for new projects around the house and garden from our wonderful members. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand, as you'll see there's also terrific help and advice being shared on the site every day. 

Let me tag @EricL for you who can provide specific information about the Redwood sleepers from the Bunnings merchandise team. But in the meantime, you might like to read about the Bunnings responsible timber sourcing information under Sustainability on the Bunnings website. Hope you find it useful.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Redwood grows where?

Hello @Jason4

Thank you for sharing your question about the Redwood sleepers. I've been in contact with our suppliers and they've informed me that the Redwood timber is sourced from a plantation in New Zealand.

If have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects