Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

please help on How to put roof on pergola without leaking

rhone
Just Starting Out

please help on How to put roof on pergola without leaking

Hi all, am a newbie..i just Would like  to put on

TimePhoto_20200907_142655.jpg

roof but wondering what  flashing should i use from roof to gutter to avoid leaking???

Cheers

Rhone 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: please help on How to put roof on pergola without leaking

Welcome to the bunnings Workshop community @rhone. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

The type of flashing you use is partly be determined by what type of roofing you are installing. Could you please advise if you are are using polycarbonate or steel and what profile it is. Also, do you have plans on what point you are starting the roofing? Will it be overhanging the gutter or set back from it?

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
rhone
Just Starting Out

Hi Mitchell, 

Thanks for the response, yea about that, am gonna use steel zinc corrugated,  12x2.1 long. With two transparent polycarbonate in between. Thinking abiut overhanging it, but not sure, jusr want it to be sealed properly

Thanks and regards Rhone 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@rhone,

I'd recommend sandwiching Suntuf Black Corrugated Foam Infill 4 Pack under the sheeting on top of that closest purlin to the gutter. I would also sandwich a piece of Suntuf 127 x 5 x 15cm Clear Corrugated Polycarbonate Wall Flashing on the purlin with the flashing dipping down into the gutter.

You just want to make sure that when there is a high wind that water doesn't get blown under either your sheeting or the roof tiles depending on which way it's coming from.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects