Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Citrus tree curling leaves

diy_hausdesigns
Amassing an Audience

Citrus tree curling leaves

Hi all

I planted my lemon tree about 6 months ago and it generally took well to its new location. Unfortunately, since the colder days and nights picked up appears to be struggling. Key noticeable issues (in the images) are

1. Curling leaves (mostly on new growth)

2. Leaves eating away

I've done some research which has brought up likely issues of under or over watering, and some kind of bugs.

Screenshot_20210529-174607_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210529-174557_Gallery.jpg

Any help would be great!

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Citrus tree curling leaves

Hi @diy_hausdesigns,

I suspect that pests have caused the curling of the leaves and not over or under-watering. Are there silvery tracks over them, or is there evidence of insects under or in the curled leaves? If there are silvery lines, then that would indicate the pest citrus leaf miner is present. It curls the leaves similar to what you have shown.

I'd suggest spraying the tree thoroughly every two weeks with Yates 750ml Ready To Use Pest Oil. You'll want to coat the top and bottom of all leaves with the Pest oil. This will rid the plant of a variety of pests, including the leaf miner.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Citrus tree curling leaves

Yes, there are silvery tracks on the back of the leaves. Thanks @MitchellMc . I'll try your solution out !

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects