Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Hardie spinkler not working

gavin16
Growing in Experience

Hardie spinkler not working

hello, my old hardie sprinkler not working , water only spraying moderately even though I turn on my tap full blast. What is the cause, do I need to dig out the sprinkler head and replace it? Are there any simple fix to that?Sprinkler not working.png

Sprinkler problem.jpg

MikeTNZ
Amassing an Audience

Re: Hardie spinkler not working

Hi Gavin,

You have a blockage/restriction in the line somewhere, between that head and the supply end.

If you have some fencing wire or something like it, try feeding that down the line towards the supply end.

One question, do you have a filter in the line that feeds these sprinklers?

If not, look at installing one, it will minimise things like this happening in the future.

Cheers,

Mike T.

robchin
Becoming a Leader

@gavin16 - I agree with @MikeTNZ  - look for a blockage somewhere. The sprinkler will have an internal filter that could be cleaned out. Do you have other sprinklers on this line and if so are they working OK? 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @gavin16

It's great that you've received fantastic advice from @MikeTNZ and @robchin. You could try a popup head test. If you have a similar popup sprinkler remove the head and test the faulty one on that assembly. If the head does not pop up it could be a faulty O-ring or the pop-up head getting caught on something. However if the working pop-up head doesn't work when you tested it on the other side, then there is definitely something blocking the pipe and is reducing the pressure to that assembly. 

Please keep us updated with your project, we look forward to seeing your sprinkler repaired.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects