Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do i add privacy to my low fence?

dany
Just Starting Out

How do i add privacy to my low fence?

Hello All,

Need ideas on how to add coverage on top of my fence, without needing council permit. Backdoor neighbours have cut hedges on their side so now have access to see all of my backyard. I sometimes see them peeping  into my backyard which makes me not want to go outside at all. Lattice fence toppers are not an option as the legs wont sit top of fence as its quite wide. 

Thanks all.

20210710_085558.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do i add privacy to my low fence?

Hello @dany

Thank you for sharing your question about extending your fence.

Looking at the picture you posted, it looks like a Colorbond fence system. If it is, you can purchase an extension kit of the same material. I recommend checking with your local council on the rules for fence height restrictions in your neighborhood.

Here is an excellent guide: How to add an extension to a Colorbond fence by @ProjectPete 

Here is a link to give you ideas and inspiration: Top 10 most popular fence projects

If you more information please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How do i add privacy to my low fence?

Hi @dany,

You might also get some helpful ideas and inspiration from our Top 10 most popular screening projects.  

Please let us know if you need further assistance once you've chosen an approach. We're looking forward to seeing how you can transform your backyard. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects