Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to change the line on Victa Swift Start trimmer?

sstarr1987
Just Starting Out

How to change the line on Victa Swift Start trimmer?

Hi, I can’t seem to get the cover off the line assembly on my vices trimmer. I have the manual but my trimmer head doesn’t seem to have the cover clips mentioned in the manual or I just can’t find them. Have tried but can’t seem to find the clips to take the cover off and replace the line. 

CF4173CF-B6B8-47ED-91C0-C45767E4BFAB.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to change the line on Victa Swift Start trimmer?

Hello @sstarr1987

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your question about replacing the line on your Victa Swift Start Trimmer.

Thank you for posting a photo of the bump head of the Victa 25.4cc Swift Start Straight Split Shaft Trimmer. If you look closely at the photo there is a dip like a half-crescent moon on the side of the bump head. On the side of this dip are two cut-out lines on each end. Once you find it, I suggest trying this method: Hold the bottom half of the bump head. Place your thumb in the middle of the dip and push down. While pushing down with your thumb, pull the bottom half of the bump head down.

I've attached a basic sketch to indicate where to press. If you still have trouble getting the head off, please let us know. 

Eric

bumphead.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects