Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect bathroom tap to Holman garden hose?

ventodimare
Building a Reputation

How to connect bathroom tap to Holman garden hose?

Hello,

I'd like to buy the Holman: https://www.bunnings.com.au/holman-12mm-x-30m-yardmate-garden-hose_p0047702?store=7152&gclid=CjwKCAi... to connect it to my bathroom tap. 

As an adaptor for my bathroom tab I'd like to buy the one in the attached pic.

The Holman comes with adaptors and connectors 12, 20, 25. Does it mean that the bathroom adaptor should have OD=12 mm instead of the current OD=15mm? 

Thank you! 

Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 5.46.55 pm.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bathroom tap / Holman Garden Hose

Hi @ventodimare,

The fitting in your picture appears to have a standard male click-on fitting. Your Holman 12mm x 30m Yardmate Garden Hose comes with a standard female click-on fitting attached to the hose. I've highlighted it below. These are both 15mm fittings and should click together.

The 12mm size is the hose thickness, and that's why they call them 12mm fittings. However, their internal click-on mechanism is 15mm. The 20 and 25mm sizes are the connectors they include with the hose to screw onto your garden tap. You shouldn't need these as there is already one screwed onto the bottom of your bathroom tap adaptor.

The fitting you are looking to buy appears to work with standard garden hose click-on fittings, which the Holman hose has.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects