Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fill the gap between Colorbond fence and concrete?

karmadra
Getting Established

How to fill the gap between Colorbond fence and concrete?

I am looking to fill this gap between the colorbond fence and concrete?  The problem is that the base of the fence is below the concrete.  So, if I use soil or pebbles to fill in the gap, then it will have to be straight against the fence which I am not sure is a good idea?  Any recommendations/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Also, another problem is that there is a gap at the bottom of the fence and the soil.  Not sure what I should use to fill in this gap as well.  Any recommendations/suggestions for this as well will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.Gap.jpg

karmadra
Getting Established

Re: How to fill the gap between colorbond fence and concrete?

Hi @EricL ,

Th closest Bunnings is Craigieburn. I am after 150 x 50mm H4 plinths.

Thanks. 🙂

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @karmadra 

I called around the surrounding stores in the area and I'm afraid the 150x50 plinth is currently out of stock. However, I suggest going towards the next size up which is the 200 x 50mm 2.4m Treated Pine Sleeper H4. If you're not keen on cutting it down, all you need to do is to dig a shallow channel for the timber to sit into. 

However, it is possible for you to cut the timber down if you need to, just keep in mind that the cut ends must be sealed back with TWA Woodcare 300g Ecoseal Tanalised Timber Treatment

Please make sure to follow all the recommended safety procedures at the back of the can. I also suggest wearing UNi-PRO Large Hooded Disposable Coveralls along with gloves, goggles and a Trojan A1+P2 Half Mask Respirator.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
karmadra
Getting Established

Hi @EricL ,

Thank you for your recommendations and detailed information.

Just a quick question - if I buy 150 x 25mm H3 plinths and then paint them using In Ground Timber Protector such as Bondall 4L Monocel In Ground Timber Protector or Bondall 4L Inground Timber Protector, will that be an alternative?

Thanks again.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @karmadra 

H3 timber preservative treatment offers protection in situations above-ground, exposed to the weather or periodic wetting. It is technically not meant be used for in ground applications. Applying Bondall 4L Monocel In Ground Timber Protector will offer a layer of protection, but I can't say how effective it will be. Only time will tell if the timber protector will be enough to extend the life of the plinth.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects