Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Lemon tree DIY planter box

diy_hausdesigns
Amassing an Audience

Lemon tree DIY planter box

A few weeks back I went to the market to pick up some fresh produce. Somehow, I came back home with a 2m tall Lemon tree ...and the produce. 

20201211_121603.jpg

Instead of digging down I thought I'd make a feature of it and incorporate it into the backyard by raising it up so better sun. 

20201205_115828.jpg

The lawn wasn't fairing too well in this corner so an added bonus became apparent 

20201205_115931.jpg

20201210_164526.jpg

20201205_183501.jpg

Cheers again !

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Lemon Tree - DIY Planter box

Hi @diy_hausdesigns,

It's amazing how a project can invent itself out of thin air. That looks fantastic and is a brilliant use of the location.

You might like to consider cladding the Colorbond fence behind it with timber as well at some stage. See how the plant fairs over summer and monitor the foliage for any signs of heat damage. I think it would look quite nice with that corner completely covered with timber and will add to the feature.

Many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Lemon Tree - DIY Planter box

Thanks for the advice !

I hadn't considered that but the idea has got me thinking, particularly considering the effects of the heat. Maybe one to kick off the new year ha !?

Thanks again @MitchellMc 

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Lemon tree DIY planter box

Hi Rufaro (@diy_hausdesigns)

You'll notice from the view count that this has been a very popular project with the Workshop community. 

Could we please trouble you for some detail on how you built the planter boxes and what materials you used? We would love to turn it into a Featured Project. 

Many thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects