Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Making things with the free pallets out the back. At least it stops so many going to landfill.

Jamespeter100
Making a Splash

Making things with the free pallets out the back. At least it stops so many going to landfill.

I like making things with the pallets out the back, I can't see where to attach a pic, so a link , http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ii_KnEOx_YY/UxenPC4gX1I/AAAAAAAABQs/N5ZJVcUYu9g/s1600/Wheel+barrows.jpg

Wheel barrows.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Making things with the free pallets out the back. At least it stops so many going to landfill.

Hi @Jamespeter100,

I've sent you a private message with some directions about adding photos to your post. Feel free to contact me anytime you need a hand getting the most from Workshop.

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the community. Many thanks for joining us. I hope you find plenty of ideas, inspiration and information here. 

You might be particularly interested in these previous posts:

Cheers,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Wayne
Becoming a Leader

Re: Making things with the free pallets out the back. At least it stops so many going to landfill.

They are excellent! How did you make the wheels?
Wood Working with Wayne
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

BIG thumbs up from me @Jamespeter100 they look amazing. :bigsmile:

And thanks @Wayne for bumping the thread, I hadn't seen it before.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Eliza
Just Starting Out

Hi all,

I would like to use the free unstamped pallets from outside Bunnings to clad the interior walls of my shed so my kids have a nice space to hang out with friends but need to be sure they are safe. Have these pallets been sprayed or treated? Were they made in Australia for domestic use? Is there any chance they have been treated with methyl bromide?

Hoping you can give me accurate information,

Eliza

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Eliza. It's fabulous to have you join us and many thanks for your questions.

I apologise for the delay in my reply.

Unstamped pallets are most-likely to be untreated and for domestic use. HT (heat-treated) stamped pallets would also be suitable for you project. You would certainly avoid using Methyl bromide treated pallets and they will carry an MB stamp. 

You'll notice in this article I've still chosen to paint the pallets: How to build a pallet cubby. Regardless of the treatment, I would prefer my daughter not to be touching pallets used to transport un-known goods.

We look forward to hearing more about your pallet project and would encourage you to let us know if you need any assistance or would like to share it with us. I trust you'll find loads of inspiration within the community as our creative members are sharing their projects here all the time.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or had questions.

Mitchell

Hi @MitchellMc , do Bunnings sell or give pallets to customers? 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @lachlan. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Most of our stores will have an area where they store pine pallets for customers to pick up. If you enquire with a team member in our timber yard or drive-thru they should be able to direct you to them. It would be best to call the store first to ensure there are some available to collect.

We look forward to hearing more about your pallet project and we'd encourage you to let us know if you need any assistance or would like to share it with the community. I trust you'll find loads of inspiration within the community as our creative members are sharing their own projects here every day. You might also like to check out our Top 10 most popular pallet projects as there are some really innovative ways to use pallets in there.

Mitchell

Katia
Just Starting Out

Hey bunnings,I am thinking of making a wooden pallet bed. I would like to know if Bunnings gives out free unstamped pallets, and if you do where would they be located??

thanks!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects