Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

New home backyard landscaping ideas

shilpa
Finding My Feet

New home backyard landscaping ideas

Hey there!

Our soon to be completed new home has a close to 140 sqm backyard. I am after low maintenance landscaping ideas for the same, not too keen on having a full lawn; would like a garden bed along the boundaries of the house and split the middle portion into some utility space and turf - just imagining atm. Would love to hear ideas/ suggestions!

TIA.

Cheers

Shilpa.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: New home backyard landscaping ideas

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @shilpa. Many thanks for your question, I'd be pleased to assist.

It's great to have you join us and congratulations on your new home. It must be an extremely exciting time and I am sure you can't wait to start adding your own touches. A few posts you might find interesting would be Top 10 most popular raised garden bedsTop 10 most popular garden makeoversHow to give your garden a makeover and Merbau garden bed.

There are also some inspirational articles 10 Great Alternatives To LawnSix Garden Feature IdeasHow To Create A New Space With PavingBring Your Garden To Life With Lights and How To Plan And Landscape A Garden Makeover.

We look forward to hearing about your backyard landscaping project coming together. I'd encourage you to start a detailed plan of what you would like to achieve in the space and prioritise what is most important to you. Once you have something on paper our helpful members will be able to advise on layout details and additions which they would include.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: New home backyard landscaping ideas

Thank you so much for putting together relevant information and the prompt response, much appreciated @MitchellMc!! 

Kind regards, 

Shilpa.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects