Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ozito 18 volt lithium batteries only run for seconds

Cronny
Finding My Feet

Ozito 18 volt lithium batteries only run for seconds

I have an Ozito 18 volt lithium blower and trimmer and the batteries indicate they are fully charged yet will only run the tool/s for 10-20 seconds and then cut in/out intermittently , does this mean the batteries are not being able to receive/be total charge? 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ozito 18 volt lithium batteries

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Cronny. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about battery charging.

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your Ozito 18-volt battery.

It certainly sounds like there is an issue with the battery taking a charge. If the unit is still under warranty, I suggest returning it to your local store with proof of purchase. Our team will then be happy to exchange the faulty unit.

If the unit is out of warranty, please post a picture of the battery and any details of the kit you purchased, and we can check to see whether replacement batteries are available.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need assistance returning the trimmer.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Cronny
Finding My Feet

Re: Ozito 18 volt lithium batteries only run for seconds

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions, however the batteries are like me somewhat ancient so suspect maybe the end of their life/s, do you have an available battery that I can bring in/check my blower with and see that it isn't faulty too just to be sure to be sure the issue is the batteries age and inability to recharge, then I can buy another battery.     Thank you  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

We'll first need to identify what battery you currently have @Cronny. Once we do that, we'll have a better idea of how to proceed. If you could please upload a photo and provide any identifying serial numbers, that would be helpful.

Let me know if you need any assistance uploading a photo.

Mitchell

Hi back MitchellMc and I thank you most sincerely for assisting me,

Can't do photos-sorry- but offer the following hoping this info will assist you determining the best viable options.  I have 2 x  Ozito 18v 1.5 AH  Power Exchange lithium batteries

1 S/N 28ZSELO     DATE/O/N 2014/2/021=14/2587/AU 

2 S/N 28X BVC2    DATE /O/N 2914/12/021/-14 -2885 -AU 

and an Ozito leaf blower

Am prepared to replace "whatever" and would obviously like to retain the leaf blower if it is ok but cannot test either to confirm which is faulty if it is the batteries or the blower or vice versa have been advised the lithium batteries due to their age have seen their day so being mindful of cost and wanting to have the best of both worlds would be good if I can establish with a live test if the leaf blower is ok and/or that I need to replace the batteries. 

Thank you for your kind assistance 

Kindest regards

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Cronny

It sounds like the batteries are from the current Power Exchange range, and you'll find them available in-store. I suspect it's either going to be your batteries or charger that are faulty. If you speak with a helpful team member at your local store, they might be able to check your machines for you. Alternatively, you could purchase a charger, battery or pack to test them out yourself at home seeing if they solve your issue. If not, you can simply return them in a saleable condition to the store for a refund.

Mitchell

Hi back again MitchellMc,

Thanks as I believe your feedback has confirmed my problem/s are the batteries, I have a new/er spare charger and had also tried that with the same result which indicates/suggests its the batteries will go to a store with both and suggest the always helpful staff can/will assist

Thanks again

Cronny

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects