Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Recommendations wanted for Buffalo lawn edger

snigdha
Just Starting Out

Recommendations wanted for Buffalo lawn edger

My buffalo lawn is about 3 metres long and have to edge all 4 sides so is quite a lot. Need something powerful and effective. I used the ozhito cordless line trimmer earlier but it stopped working and I was then told that its not suitable for buffalo grass. Can I please get some suggestions,prefer a cordless one but open to any suggestions.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Hi I am looking for recommendations for lawn edger for my buffalo lawn.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @snigdha. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about line trimmers.

If you're looking for something powerful and effective, it would be best to step up to a 36v line trimmer.  They have a power output more comparable to a petrol machine and run a thicker line. These units will power through your Buffalo edges and won't struggle with thicker clumps or tough runners. 

I use an 18v line trimmer on my Buffalo, though it does struggle. They are fine for light trimming and cleanup when used regularly and when there isn't a whole heap of runners. I've just re-done all my edging and had to spend a significant amount of time with a sharp shovel to finish off the work. I might have to look at a 36v unit myself.

You might like to check out this Bet Advice article on What line trimmer do you recommend

Let me mention a few of our knowledgeable members that have some amazing lawns, @Remarka6le, @LisasGarden and @homeinmelbourne, to see if they have any suggestions.  

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects