Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ryobi 1800W 2000psi Cleaner - No Presssure

jgregory
Just Starting Out

Ryobi 1800W 2000psi Cleaner - No Presssure

I am trying to get this machine to work. It’s plugged in, the purge has happened and no pressure and it’s on. 
I am out of ideas. Has anyone encountered issues with this model where it doesn’t produce high pressure water output? 

image.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ryobi 1800W 2000psi Cleaner - No Presssure

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @jgregory. It's fantastic that you've joined us and many thanks for your question.

I apologize for the issues you are experiencing with your Ryobi 1800W 2000PSI pressure washer. 

When you pull the trigger, do you hear the motor kicking in and starting up? If you do not hear the motor start-up, I suggest you try another wall socket and try with the machine plugged directly into the socket instead of an extension cord. If it then works, it would be the socket or extension cord that is faulty.

If the motor is starting up when you pull the trigger but not providing high pressure or the above doesn't work, then it sounds like the unit could be faulty, and we would be more than happy to exchange it for you.

Please let me know how you go or if you need any assistance returning the machine.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @jgregory, I have a similar model... I am wondering what you mean by "no pressure"....

do you get water out of it, but it's not much better than the tap, or is there nothing at all?

I had poor pressure on first use and was very disappointed, but I found that it was due to me not adjusting the pressure head fully. It is set at low pressure from the factory, (maybe as a safety feature so we don't strip the first surface we try it on?), and you need to turn the head at the end quite firmly to get it onto a high pressure setting.

If nothing is coming out, then @MitchellMc 's suggestion of returning it sounds wise.

diy_hausdesigns
Amassing an Audience

Hi @jgregory 

I have the same machine. As mentioned you may need to adjust the head from low pressure mode (for using the soap dispenser - water comes out like tap water). In high pressure mode, it churns out plenty of grunt! 

I you-tubed how to switch between the two modes which helped.

Cheers 

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @jgregory,

It sounds like our clever members with first-hand experience might have solved your issue. Please let us know if it was the control on the head of the wand that needed to be adjusted. I trust your confirmation will assist any future members with a similar issue.

Many thanks.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects