Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What's your favourite gardening tool?

robchin
Becoming a Leader

What's your favourite gardening tool?

I am not really sure if it is my favourite gardening tool as I have a few. But was harvesting some Mandarins and lemons on the weekend and just remembered why I like my telescoping pruner so much - not just for pruning (but it is great for that as well.) I noticed the current models are a little different but still very much the same. Mine is about 8 or 9 years old but still works a treat. 

https://www.bunnings.com.au/cyclone-3-25m-quickpull-telescopic-tree-pruning-saw_p0067498 )

20220818_084720.jpg20220818_084849.jpg

PS- declare an interest - I work at Bunnings, but I do love this tool. 

Wonder what everybody else's favourite gardening tool is? 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: What's your favourite gardening tool?

Nice one @robchin.

I've got a Fiskars PowergearX Telescopic Tree Pruner and love it. Makes cutting high branches really easy. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
BradN
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @robchin . My favourite gardening tool is my straw broom for sweeping up after a job well done. Or at least half-done...

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @robchin

Once upon a time, I mistakenly used my best saw to cut a timber branch from an orange tree. If I knew that I could get a Trojan Carbon Steel Pruning Saw. I would have gladly driven to the store to save my shop saw. This pruning saw gets used and abused so badly that it amazes me that it still works. This one definitely ranks as my favourite tool when trimming all the trees in the garden.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Nham
Becoming a Leader

Hi @robchin ,

For us, it would have to be a pruning tool, I have a couple but the one from Fiskars is a dream to use. Then it would be the wheelbarrow and shovel for second and third place😀

robchin
Becoming a Leader

Never use a straw broom when you can use a battery operated blower instead :smile: 

Remarka6le
Amassing an Audience

Ours would be between the Ryobi Shrub And Shears or our Ryobi transfer pump. Both use the same battery and see heavy use in our yard, with the Shrub & Shears making our maintenance easy and the transfer pump being our primary means to use one of our 3 1000l water tanks. 

Remarka6le

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects