Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

how to mount lattice to a colourbond fence

topper
Building a Reputation

how to mount lattice to a colourbond fence

G'day everyone,

I am looking at mounting some lattice (https://www.bunnings.com.au/lattice-makers-1800-x-900mm-budget-treated-pine-lattice_p3040107) on to my colourbond fence for the sake of a privacy screen with extra height and to grow a passionfruit vine. 

I'm guessing I would need to mount it about 10cm off the fence so it can grow better, but a part from that I'm pretty clueless on which screws to use.

Thanks in advance

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to mount lattice to a colourbond fence

Hi @topper,

Many thanks for your question, I'd be happy to assist.

You would generally use Metal Tek Screws when fixing to a steel structure. Most have self-drilling tips so no need to pre-drill. 

In order to mount the lattice off the fence, you could use Australian Handyman Supplies 90 x 90mm Internal Fixing Post Brackets. Simply screw them to the Colorbond fence with Metal Tek Screws and then screw through the lattice into the bracket. Using these brackets as a standoff you'll get close to that 10cm gap you were after.

Alternatively, you could drive Star Posts into the ground 10cm out from the fence and then attach the lattice to those.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or had any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects