Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

xu1 battery compatibility

domeman
Finding My Feet

xu1 battery compatibility

49D6B3D2-58B9-4D13-A042-7DBDCA383CA2.jpeg

I have a XU1 whipper snipper purchased from Bunnings but out of Warranty

model XGT/018

The battery is not holding much charge and I would like to purchase a replacement. However it seems that the new range is not compatible. Does anyone know of an equivalent?

Re: xu1 battery compatibility

hi...i have just brought this product from Bunnings but i want a replacement battery as displayed but Bunnings dont seem to have this battery. They have the range of blue batteries but are not compatible. I just want to buy a spare as i dont have any faith in longevity of batteries. The description or photograph is exactly the same.........XLP-0185 XU1 1.5 Lithium ion 18 volt at 1.5 amps blue. I would prefer to have one with more amps but it doesnt matter.......

kind regards pedrocolleen

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @pedrocolleen 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining the discussion.

I suggest going to your store's special orders desk and ordering another battery using these numbers 300045901034 Battery for OBL-0185/OHT-0185/OGT-0185. Please show these to the special orders team member so that they can order the correct battery for your pole pruner. Please make sure to tell them the model number of your pole pruner.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks @EricL .....you are very helpful in such a short time.

pedrocolleen

It's wonderful to see that @EricL's advice was useful, @pedrocolleen. Please let us know if you run into any difficulties ordering your battery or require further assistance.

Mitchell

Hi @EricL 

Is the same battery also compatible with the XU1 hedge trimmer XHT-018?  I need to get a replacement battery and charger and the Special Order desk at Bunnings Cannington WA has advised me that the vendor does not supply batteries and chargers as spare parts. If the above battery and charger is also compatible with XHT-018 then I will be grateful for the advice where I can order these from. 

20230318_114636.jpg

Best Regards

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @koper197 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Let me make some enquiries regarding the battery and charger for your hedge trimmer. As soon as I have more information, I'll get back to you. 

Thank you for your patience.

Eric

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @koper197 

I've spoken to the suppliers technical department and the battery you need to order as a spare part is 340802601020 and the charger for that battery is the SPXBL018-21. I recommend speaking to the stores special orders desk and asking them for a quote for the replacement parts. The special orders team will need to call the supplier in order to get the price for the parts.

If you need further assistance in placing this order, please let me know.

Eric

Many thanks, this is very helpful.

I will speak with the special orders desk. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects