Workshop
Ask a question

What will you be planting in autumn?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

What will you be planting in autumn?

It's the first day of autumn and soon the weather will be turning cooler.

We might miss the hot sun, but the milder conditions provide the chance to get stuck into the garden. 

What will you be planting this autumn?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Re: What will you be planting in autumn?

Will hopefully get to planting some vegies like carrots, peas or beans, broccoli and beetroot. 

MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Whenever I have planted carrots they end up all crooked and twisted into crazy shapes. Got any tips?

Isobel
Amassing an Audience

I am planning to try growing some Kale. Apparently it only takes 6-8 weeks. I like baking it into chips for a healthy snack. 

aly
Making a Splash

We've got tomatoes, onions, corn, snow peas, capscium and some herbs in our vegie garden at the minute. Would love to hear what other edibles I could plant over the next few weeks!

tetris36
Growing in Experience

Good topic jason, been thinking about what to plant.

My zucchini & beans have been devastated in the past few weeks after a very productive spring. Even the tomatoes have had enough & they're supposed to like the sun.

So time for a clearout. Broccoli & cauliflower to be planted over the long weekend (hopefully). Another contributor said kale. Good idea, I'll plant that too.

May set up a herb garden. Seems most herbs like this time of year. Rosemary, sage, oregano, thyme, mint.

Or I'll go play mgs v. Not sure.

tetris36
Growing in Experience

Wow, kale chips. How do you do that? They sound awesome. My wife isn't the biggest kale fan but this will get her attention.

Isobel
Amassing an Audience

@tetris36

Easy! Just wash and dry the Kale, then lay it flat on baking paper (single layer). Brush with a little oil, sprinkle some salt and pop into an oven at 150 degrees. No need to turn the kale during cooking. They should take about 10-15 minutes. 

tetris36
Growing in Experience

Nice & simple. Thanks very much, I'll try that for sure.

I'm almost excited about planting kale. The power of good receipe!

Kellie
Making a Splash

I want to plant some tulip bulbs for spring colour. Just need some pots so they can come with me when I move. I'm thinking about making some concrete pots over easter as a fun project. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects