Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Benchtop dishwasher tap connections

MinB
Building a Reputation

Benchtop dishwasher tap connections

I am considering buying a benchtop dishwasher, but am not sure what is currently available so as to connect the hose to the kitchen tap. 

5 years ago (YouTube video) a person could buy two parts to make that connection: a) Sink Tap Click On and b) NYLEX brass sprinkler adapter.

Bunnings seems to not sell either anymore.

IMAGES BELOW:

1) MY KITCHEN TAP: Is this ideal for a dishwasher hose to be attached and also easy enough to take the aerator off?

2) TAP CONNECTIONS YOUTUBE: 

This is what BUNNINGS sold 5 years ago so are these still available or is something else now in their place?

3) HOSE HOLDER(?): What is holding this hose up? Does Bunnings sell anything like this, also, a contraption that can keep the drain hose fixed to the sink area whilst the dishwasher is on. 

The USA has this fantastic 3 in one tap connector that is a part of the dishwasher components/parts/kit when sold and it is such a shame that is not available here as it keeps the drain hose in place to face down the sink plus you can press a red button so as to get a glass of water etc.

Anyways, to reiterate, what is available now so that I can attach the hose to the kitchen tap? Don't want to buy anything if it is going to be a hassle getting tap connection parts.

Thanks!

IMG_20210213_035957.jpg

Screenshot_20210213_041329.jpg

Screenshot_20210213_032734.jpg

MinB
Building a Reputation

Re: How to connect Benchtop dishwasher 3/4" hose to standard kitchen tap?

Just a quick update:

I had no issues attaching my dishwasher to the kitchen tap once I got all the right parts which included that one dishwasher tap connector kit.

Not finicky as just a few components - the kit was a life saver!

Also, no leaks because I bought different sized rings from Bunnings and a sealing tape (think that is what it's called) to seal inside the tap nozzle where it is actually connected.

So since installing it I have had an excellent efficient running bench dishwasher with no leaks or problems with anything to date.

Best of luck!

PS All the hassle and effort was well worth it!

PPS I also bought a heat mat to put underneath it so the bench doesn't get burnt. Never felt the bench being hot and the mat doesn't have burn marks so that hasn't been a problem either to date.

vid6
Finding My Feet

Thanks. Could you please provide a link or something for this dishwasher tap connector kit?

I bought Holman 12mm Double Ended Hose Connector  and  Pope Indoor Tap Adaptor which work fine on the tap end. But on the dishwasher hose end Nylex 12mm Brass Sprinkler Adaptor   won't hold on to the hose connector at all.

MinB
Building a Reputation

@vid6 

When I bought mine in Australia I think it cost just under $80 with shipping.

I only found it in one place and they only had few.

Below more or less is what you need, but you do need to make sure the measurements for your tap fits it.

Amazon Australia. $45.70

Screenshot_2023-04-30_005249.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @vid6,

I'm not sure why the hose connector wouldn't be holding onto the Nylex sprinkler adaptor. They are all universal fittings.

You could try the Holman 12mm Brass Sprinkler Adapter or Pope 12mm 20mm Sprinkler Adaptor American Thread. If these don't work, it might be that the sprinkler adaptor is recessed too far into the washing machine hose, and that's preventing the hose connector from locking onto it. If that were the case, you'd need to add additional washers into the washing machine hose screwed connector to prevent the sprinkler adaptor screwing so far in.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
vid6
Finding My Feet

Thanks @MinB and @MitchellMc for your help.

Eventually, Holman 12mm Brass Sprinkler Adapter , Holman 12mm Double Ended Hose Connector and Pope Indoor Tap Adaptor worked for me. But, in the long run, probably, I will get the dishwasher sink kit.

MinB
Building a Reputation

@vid6 

Hope this helps others as well if need be...👍👍👍

@MitchellMc 

Helped me too! 👍👍👍

ongjulian
Getting Established

Re: Benchtop DishWasher Tap Connections & Other...

s-l1600 2.jpgs-l1600.jpgHas anyone tried this product connecting their dishwasher to the kitchen tap?

Seems like you can order it on ebay.

Saw this you tube video too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZq9zctH8Qk

Any one know where to get the black adaptor from?

Thank you

Elzara
Finding My Feet

In case others come looking for which part to get and find this thread like I do..the option of using multiple quick release hose connectors in order to be able to still use your taps doesn't seem like the best solution to me unless you have an obscure sized faucet.

Diverters do exist (albeit not as easy as they should be to find these days) and I don't understand why Bunnings doesn't sell them, at least for standard taps.

I bought one from Clarence Water Filters in NSW.

It has a 21mm female end to connect directly to male spout (when aerator is removed), this suits most older style taps. The other end is a standard 25mm male washing machine/dishwasher connection that connects direct to the dishwasher hose. 

There is also an adaptor available from the same shop for newer flick mixer taps that have a 24mm female thread when the aerator is removed.

All of them come with an aerator.

Obviously it doesn't help those with other obscure faucet types, but it works for the main two.

I installed mine today, works as intended, no leaks, flip the switch to use either dishwasher or taps.

1000007292.jpg

1000007288.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Elzara,

The issue we have with these connectors to sink tap spouts is that we cannot source a unit that is Watermarked & Wels certified. The regulators have tightened the requirements in this space as these products increase the risk of back-siphonage of grey water from the dishwasher into the mains water system. 

I presume water filters might not have the same regulations imposed on them as dishwashers, hence the availability of the connectors to suit them.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects