Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can I use an IKEA benchtop with Kaboodle cabinets?

RRB
Just Starting Out

Can I use an IKEA benchtop with Kaboodle cabinets?

Hi Folks,

I am renovating a kitchen and want to use Kaboodle cabinets and doors from Bunnings but with an IKEA benchtop. 

Dimensions slightly differ for the benchtop 

Kaboodle 183 L x 38 H x 60 Deep

IKEA 186 L x 38 H x 63.5 Deep

Cabinets are 56 cm deep

The length is not an issue and I am guessing the benchtop could simply be cut so it's not so deep but would appreciate any advice on this.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can I use an IKEA benchtop with Kaboodle cabinets?

Hello @RRB

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's awesome to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your kitchen benchtop.

The quick answer is, yes, you can use an IKEA benchtop with a Kaboodle cabinet. The standard Kaboodle Benchtop is 600mm deep. When placed above a Kaboodle cabinet with doors attached, it will have an overhang of 20mm. An IKEA benchtop is 635mm deep and when placed over a Kaboodle cabinet, will have a 55mm overhang. Other than having this larger overhang, there are no other issues that should concern you when attaching this benchtop. I've placed an image below to give you an idea of how it will look once attached. 

If you have any other questions about your kitchen project, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects