Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you order Kaboodle doors to fit a custom size cabinet?

Garfield28
Growing in Experience

Can you order Kaboodle doors to fit a custom size cabinet?

Hi everyone, 

Just wondering if you can have a made to order raw doors to fit a custom size cabinet? Like If I had a size that was not a common size in my home already and I didn't want to have to change that particular cabinet could I go to the special orders desk at Bunnings and have a raw door made by Kaboodle or whoever does them to a size of me request? 

Thanks 

Geoff 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can you order Kaboodle doors to fit a custom size cabinet?

Hello @Garfield28

Thank you for sharing your question about can you order Kaboodle doors to fit a custom size cabinet.

The Kaboodle cut to measure offer is quite versatile, but it does have its limitations. One way to order a custom-made door is to order it as a panel. Because it is a panel, it will not have any provisions for the hinges. It will be just a flat raw panel with the default routered edge. To use it as a door, you will need to use a Hafele Hinge Mounting Kit.

I highly recommend that you practice first on another piece of timber before trying it out on your custom panel. Please note that this particular technique only works with the raw panels and is not recommended to be used on any other panel. Please keep us updated.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects