Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Does my rangehood need to vent outside?

nicole72
Growing in Experience

Does my rangehood need to vent outside?

I am purchasing a townhouse and going to renovate the kitchen. I have been informed by someone that i need to have the range hood flued to go outside. Can someone please confirm this, as i was looking at purchasing the Bellini 60cm slide out retractable range hood, but wasn't sure if it had to have a vent going outside how i could do it with this model or if i had to go for something completely different. Hope this makes sense.

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Range hood information

Hi @nicole72, I was under the impression a flue/vent is always required but @JDE has corrected me on that below.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
JDE
Becoming a Leader

Nicole72

Ideally a range hood would be vented to the outside. You can however get recirculating ones that have filters and blow the air back into the room. Eg Bunnings do Bellini 60cm Recirculating Slideout Rangehood for $183. We had to put one in a kitchen that had the stove on an internal wall. JDE

Stuardo
Becoming a Leader

Hi @nicole72 

You can get recirculating ranghoods and I recommend adding the charcoal filter which you can buy separately.

Stuart.

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Good to know @JDE - must be a bloody good filter to circulate clean air. Where's the outlet that the circulated air travels through located?

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

The model we used was a cheap slimline from Bunnings it has the filters at the bottom, drop outs easily to clean. The outlet was either depending on which you capped at the top back if you have a shallow top cupboard with venting tube to top of cupboard or in our case I used the second option which was through flutes at the top front in the part that sits in front of the cupboard. While not as good as a vented especially when smoking out the place my daughter has found it effective. More expensive ones do have replaceable carbon filters as well as the normal filters that catch the fat etc. They do require more regular cleaning of filters, quite simple, to work at maximum efficiency. JDE

nicole72
Growing in Experience

Thanks JDE very helpful, I appreciate it.

nicole72
Growing in Experience

Thanks Stuardo I think I might look at this option. Thanks again

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @nicole72,

It's fantastic to see you've received some great advice from our knowledgable members and that they have provided an option for you to investigate.

I thought I'd link some of the recirculating range hoods available: Blanco 60cm Recirculating Slideout RangehoodBlanco 60cm Slide Out RangehoodBellini 60cm Recirculating Slideout Rangehood.

Please let us know if you need further assistance or had additional questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects