Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Hamptons kitchen renovation project

Nham
Becoming a Leader

Hamptons kitchen renovation project

2020-08-08 09.10.31.jpgWe did a full kitchen reno and just wanted to share our experience with this community. I did a ton of research before going ahead comparing the flat-pack models or the custom design. We were surprised that the custom-built kitchen was similar in cost to the flat-pack found in Ikea or Bunnings. We decided on a custom-built Hamptons look, and we went with Caesarstone benchtops. Before you choose, go to the showrooms and get some ideas, its a significant investment, and you want to do it right.

We kept the cost down by 1) selling the old kitchen on eBay and 2) doing the demo and preparing the area. As the kitchen was 20 years old, taking off the tiles was the most challenging part and then repairing the walls.

Preparing the area save us quite a bit and all the materials we got from our neighbourhood Bunnings store. Once that was done, the contractor fitted all the cabinets, and the plumbing and electrical were last to follow. Let me know if anyone wants info on repairing the walls.

We love the new kitchen and spend a lot of time on the island bench just talking and eating:-)

Take care.

64CB182A-0269-4039-AE1C-E840439690EC_1_105_c.jpegRemoving the tile splash backRemoving the tile splash back39B24B20-F464-4200-8EE5-33E36AB837FF_1_105_c.jpeg709E61A2-7CFA-4B17-9F2A-5D17FD81193A_1_105_c.jpeg3BB3BA26-A591-4708-9ED4-4332B8029480_1_105_c.jpeg0490BCE9-ABD8-4A4E-9CAB-A47E4C7FDA86_1_105_c.jpeg2020-08-08 09.10.31.jpg2020-08-08 09.07.01.jpg2020-08-08 09.06.02.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Hamptons Kitchen

Absolutely stunning work @Nham! I bet you couldn't be happier with how it turned out.

Well done repairing that "small hole" in your wall. I like the idea of selling your old kitchen cabinetry. Was this a worthwhile exercise, and would you recommend others do the same?

Many thanks for sharing your experience, and congratulations on a spectacular job.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Hamptons Kitchen

Hello @Nham 

This is a beautiful make over. Excellent choice on door color and profile. Really gives it that nice hampton feel.

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

diy_hausdesigns
Amassing an Audience

Re: Hamptons kitchen renovation project

Great work with this ! So fresh and contemporary. Really lovely renovation.

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns
gizzygal
Getting Established

Lovely kitchen! It's a great idea to do the demo and then get someone else installing it - might take that one myself when I do mine properly!

Caron
Making a Splash

Oh wow - looks sensational! Well done.

KFP
Finding My Feet

Beautiful renovation! 

I'm interested to know why you chose a Caesarstone bench top instead of Essentialstone from Bunnings? (Genuine question, I'm new to this :bigsmile:

Nham
Becoming a Leader

Hi @KFP ,

We chose Caesarstone as a personal preference as it had the pattern we liked-organic white. There is also Quantum Quartz which is similar to Caesarstone you might want to consider. If you have a stonemason, ask him/her their advice and also the pricing. As a comparison, Ikea also have stone benchtops which was nearly the same price. I would go to the Caesarstone showroom, look around and get all the information you need. We also used the same pattern as the splash back, it looks good, and cleaning is so easy. Good luck. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @KFP 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your question about benchtops.

It's great that you've received good advice from @Nham. Are you planning to renovate your own kitchen? We would love to see your plans and ideas that you might have for your kitchen. Our community members would be more than happy to provide advice and information if you need it.

Each benchtop has its own merits. Ceasar stone has an excellent colour choice and has its own range of natural stones. Quantum benchtops have their own unique designs and are versatile. Think benchtops are recognized for their durability and commercial use. It comes down to personal choice as the benchtops mentioned will give you a long service life.

Please let us know if you need more information.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects