Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do i make a shelf for microwave oven on my wall?

Cowgirl
Just Starting Out

How do i make a shelf for microwave oven on my wall?

Ok so we have only two 4 outlet power points in our kitchen and the way our kitchen is configured where we have and the only option for our microwave is in the way of getting to the power point. So I am wanting to put a shelf on the wall to hold the microwave. Our house is brick veneer. I hope someone can help. Thanking you in advance. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do i make a shelf for microwave oven onmy wall?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Cowgirl. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about mounting a microwave.

Have you considered mounting a Microwave Box to the wall? Whether you wanted to have a shelf or box, you'll need to attach it to the timber studs. A stud finder will be useful in tracking these down.

If you did want to create a shelf, were there any requirements for the aesthetics? Depending on the depth of your microwave, a SpecRite 405 x 18mm x 1.2m Pine Utility Panel might suit. It could be cut down to suit the width of the microwave. You'd then be able to attach it to the studs with Carinya 200 x 250 x 25 x 6mm Black Heavy Duty Manhattan Angle Brackets. If you mount them as per their image on the product page, it will give you a floating appearance as the brackets will be hidden by the microwave.

Whether it is the box or shelf, Zenith 10G x 50mm Galvanised Countersunk Head Timber Screws will be sufficient for attaching them to the timber studs.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects