Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build this kitchen shelf?

Kaz21
Finding My Feet

How to build this kitchen shelf?

662B0395-958B-4DC7-8026-D801007DF326.jpeg

I'm hoping to instal something similar to this picture above my kitchen bench. I’d like to buy the brackets in white and add floating white shelves. Does anyone know where I’d buy the brackets from? Thx for any advice. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Kitchen shelf

Hello @Kaz21

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your question about a kitchen shelf.

I'm so sorry but I'm not sure where to get these ceiling brackets. However, I have seen them replicate something similar with the following parts. 

The parts mentioned are for one shelf bracket set only. You will need to repeat this assembly three times. I recommend washing the pipes in soap and water to remove the oil and grease coating. I suggest using the White Knight Rust Guard 400g Grey SLS Etch Primer Spray Paint to prime the steel and then use 2X Ultra Cover Matt Black spray paint to cover the entire set.   

You can use a 1200 x 300 x 18mm Hevea Finger Jointed Panel as the main shelf itself. However, if you feel you want a bigger shelf please make sure to change the center support from 300mm to 400mm. It sounds like a fantastic plan, any updates on your project while installing it would be much appreciated.

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects