Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to cap off the pipes before demolishing our kitchenette?

leed99
Just Starting Out

How to cap off the pipes before demolishing our kitchenette?

How do I cap off the pipes in the wall that run to the water cylinder.. as I want to turn the water back on for our bathroom area in our sleepout

received_1517649298584235.jpeg

received_379818310468121.jpeg

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to cap off the pipes before demolishing our kitchenette?

Welcome @leed99 and thanks for reaching out to the Bunnings Workshop community with your question.

Let me tag @JDE and @LePallet for their thoughts. @MitchellMc may also be able to help when he's back on the site tomorrow.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JDE
Becoming a Leader

@leed99  if you just want to cap them off Bunnings has kinetic brass threaded cap fittings about 2 dollars each in the plumbing section. You will also need some plumbing tape found in same area. Clean the thread wrap 2 or 3 lots of tape around it and screw on cap. JDE

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @leed99,

It's great to see @JDE has offered some excellent advice, and capping them off with thread tape is all that is needed. Make sure you use an adjustable spanner to tighten the caps. If you can measure the thread size, we might be able to narrow down the exact threaded cap you need.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects