Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kitchen island panelling project

Krause
Cultivating a Following

Kitchen island panelling project

7BA0AD7F-CC36-42EF-9FFB-97D0891203D6.jpeg

434898EF-3BBA-4880-B741-6296594CD4D5.jpeg

B2FBCC26-8A71-484E-BC07-4F6522E23D2C.jpeg

I recently painted my kitchen cabinets white and instead of painting the front of the kitchen island white I decided to give @ProjectPete ‘s kitchen island panelling a go. Current progress… will be picking out some kitchen lights over the next few days and depending on the kitchen colour lights chosen we will paint the vj panels the same to match. Any paint brand tips/colours would be awesome…

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Kitchen Island Panelling

Hello @Krause

That EasyVJ Paneling looks fantastic. I suggest using Dulux 4L Interior Paint Wash&Wear +PLUS Kitchen & Bathroom Low Sheen Vivid White tinted to your preferred colour. Choosing a colour is a balancing act between style and personal preference. Going for a bold or trendy colour quickly losses its appeal as time moves on. A subtle neutral colour may not give you that loud wow factor, but it lends itself to a more timeless elegant look. 

Here is a handy guide: How to choose the right colours for your home

Let me tag our experienced members @lieselroberts and @Monika1 for their recommendations.

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Krause
Cultivating a Following

Re: Kitchen Island Panelling

Thanks so much @EricL you’ve really given me some food for thought especially the point of achieving a timeless elegant look by opting for a more subtle neutral colour instead. Also this will make for a smoother transition from the kitchen into the dinning room area when I paint the wall. Feedback taken :smile: as a result I’ve picked up 3 x verve design white bain pendant lights and am leaning towards the Lexicon or Colourbond Surfmist using the Dulux 4L Interior paint wash wear plus kitchen bathroom low sheen vivid white that you’ve also recommended - again thank you! Will pick up the colours this weekend to test on two areas of the panel and see which one I prefer over a few days before choosing the final colour. Feel free to recommend a third colour :smile:

Will keep you posted. 

547C220E-A915-40F2-9FFF-E6C172C83023.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Kitchen island panelling project

Looking great so far @Krause. So pleased to see you've been inspired by @ProjectPete's fantastic Kitchen island EasyVJ panelling project.

Please provide regular updates and share the end result.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Krause
Cultivating a Following

Re: Kitchen island panelling project

Thanks @Jason.

Will post an update in the coming week :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects