Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to convert kitchen cabinets to drawers?

ongbianca88
Getting Established

How to convert kitchen cabinets to drawers?

Anyone has tried to convert kitchen cabinets to drawers? Is it fairly easy? 

or anyone has tried to do a pull out shelf on top of the kitchen counter? I have one blind corner in my kitchen and its a bit tricky to access. So was thinking of pull out shelf/shelves.

D424924C-4D98-44ED-8233-12DDD00FF4DA.jpeg

thanks! 

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

Re: how to convert kitchen cabinets to drawers

Hi @ongbianca88 

What are the dimensions of the space? Bunnings have a few pull-out baskets and shelves that may work depending on the space.

Re: how to convert kitchen cabinets to drawers

6A742ADA-B747-479F-8634-799B7370D9B5.png

Hi! Its 600cm depth x 600cm wide and 700cm height. Yes i saw that one as well. Where can i fix the pull out rack? Because i can’t do that on the actual countertop, can i? 😅

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to convert kitchen cabinets to drawers?

Hi @ongbianca88,

Great to see you getting immediate assistance from @prettyliving.

Let me also tag experienced member @pete_brig who has previously completed a project you might like to check out - Changing kitchen cupboards into drawers  

This Best Advice article might also be helpful - How do you turn cupboards into drawers?

I'm sure our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @MitchellMc will also be happy to assist.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ongbianca88
Getting Established

Hi Jason, thank you for this!  How about my second dilemma? Any thoughts (re: corner blind spot in kitchen)? Ta

Hi @ongbianca88,

With some custom work, I'd imagine you could utilise 600mm pullout baskets in the blind corner. You'd likely need to pick a unit to test how well it fits in the space. If you're lucky and it fits perfectly then you could attach the rails to tiles on one side and the timber on the other. A few could be added to the alcove and drawer fronts attached to them.

If the 600mm pullout baskets can be mounted in the space, that would be ideal.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects