Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fit 2 x single 600mm ovens into the Kaboodle oven tower?

rcl78
Just Starting Out

How to fit 2 x single 600mm ovens into the Kaboodle oven tower?

Hi There,

I was hoping to get some assistance with my kitchen renovation plans.

I am wanting to install 2 x single 600mm ovens into a Kaboodle oven tower. I don't need the microwave box to be in the tower as this is going elsewhere in the kitchen.

Has anyone done this? Could you possibily share your configuration and the parts that you used?

Thank you so much.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fit 2 x single 600mm ovens into the Kaboodle oven tower?

Welcome to the Workshop community @rcl78.

I've just spoken to Kaboodle and they recommend you do not install two ovens in the tower. There are a number of problems with installing two ovens:

• There is a heat reflector shield inside the unit to protect it from the single oven. This shield is needed to stop the cabinet from becoming compromised. There is no second heat shield to accommodate another oven.

• Two ovens running simultaneously would generate double the heat within the cabinet. The cabinet construction was not intended to withstand this additional heat.

• To install a second oven you would need to remove supporting horizontal shelves which are an integral part of the construction and strength of the unit.

• The unit was not designed to hold the additional weight of an extra oven.

Workshop community members might have some helpful suggestions for you about possible solutions to these issues, but please consider them carefully before attempting any installation.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell,

Thank you so much for getting back to me :smile:

I've got my heart set on having 2 x 600mm individual ovens, so I'm wondering if there is any configuration that Kaboodle recommend to make this possible?

Are they able to be installed next to each other in the oven cabinets under the bench?

Thanks again for your help.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @rcl78,

Mitchell isn't working today so I gave Kaboodle a call for you. 

You certainly have the option of installing the ovens side-by-side under the bench - two 600mm cabinets - or you could choose to install two oven towers if you preferred. 

Hope that helps,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects