Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix kitchen mixer tap drip?

Shelltoo
Just Starting Out

How to fix kitchen mixer tap drip?

Hi,

My mixer tap drips constantly, regardless of handle position. Looking for advice as to the likely cause before I disassemble anything.  So far...

*turned off the hot water undersink: the drip stops.

* when using mixer on cold water only, there's no drip.

* no leak at the mixer tap base.

Should I be looking at the mixer tap assembly/cartridge, or is the undersink tap definitely the culprit?

Thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix kitchen mixer tap drip?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Shelltoo. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about a leaking tap.

A sink mixer in the off position should not drip. Therefore, a faulty sink mixer cartridge is the probable cause and replacing the cartridge would be the most likely solution. Once you've removed the cartridge, you can take it to your local Bunnings store, and a helpful plumbing team member can assist you in matching it up with a suitable replacement.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to fix kitchen mixer tap drip?

Thank you so much, I appreciate the quick response. I hadn't known a cartridge could leak from the one inlet only.

(FYI, if anyone's wondering why I didn't just check the cartridge for wear,  is a tricky one, no top access, have to undo the tap assembly from under the sink.)

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects