Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix loose mixer tap arm?

divya
Finding My Feet

How to fix loose mixer tap arm?

Hi,

How do I fix this .I have added a picture for ref as i don't know what this is called.I tried to scre it back but it is very loose and keeps coming out. Please help.Thanks in advance.

16733982290109039654458826544526.jpg

16733982662045095233605506281267.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix loose mixer tap arm?

Hello @divya

I suspect that there might be damage inside the handle assembly. The only way to be sure is to remove the handle assembly itself. There are two possible locations for the grub screw that's holding the handle in place. One is under the hot and cold indicator, but if you don't have an indicator odds are it is inside where the handle is actually screwed in. 

You'll need an Allen key to remove the grub screw and pull the handle assembly off. Please note that the handle may be difficult to remove as calcium deposits might have anchored the handle to the post of the tap. I suggest rocking the handle back and forth to loosen it up.

However, this would be a good opportunity for you to consider upgrading your kitchen mixer. One of the issues I can see is trying to find a compatible handle. But if you are familiar with your tapware make and model then you can order a spare part at the special orders desk.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

@divya when you screw it all the way in does it go tight initially at all or is it always loose? 

If at chance it goes tight then comes loose almost straight away you could try some thread lock on it. 

If it doesn't tighten at all at any point then yeah deep surgery or replacement.

divya
Finding My Feet

Hi Eric,

Thankyou very much.I will try and follow what you said.Will update on how it went.cheers.

Hi,

It used to go tight,but now it comes loose straight away and not staying in place too.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects