Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to hang a microwave from the base of overhead cupboards?

EricJ
Just Starting Out

How to hang a microwave from the base of overhead cupboards?

I wish to locate a microwave adjacent to cooktop hanging from overhead cupboards. The glass splashback prevents securing brackets being installed. To hang from cupboard on a stainless steel base with rods seems to be an option. But where do we start.

any advice

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: HOW TO HANG A MICROWAVE FROM BASE OF OVERHEAD CUPBOARDS

Hi @EricJ,

I'm sure Workshop members will be able to assist with some suggestions for you. It might be helpful though if you popped a picture or two up so members can visualise the space and see what you're working with.

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the community. We're pleased you could join us and look forward to reading more about your projects and plans. Feel free to post whenever you need a hand or have a project to share. And please let me know if you ever need help getting the most from the site - I'm happy to assist.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Something like this?

053581fcd3890c069ab5c996a184c5de.jpg

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

@EricJ

Very basic looking shelf instructions here - https://www.instructables.com/id/Hanging-Microwave-Shelf/

What @MartyH shared looks a lot more attractive!

I'd just be careful that the cupboards can handle the load. Do you know what the cupboards are made out of?

AHoy
Having an Impact

@EricJ

Check out how @ogosh has used galvanised pipe for shelving here - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Living-and-Bedroom/Home-office-custom-furniture-build/td-p/20456

You could do something similar for the microwave that would look great. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @EricJ,

Hope all is well.

Just checking in to see if you've made any progress on this project or still need a hand? I hope the suggestions from community members have proved helpful so far. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects