Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace a cartridge on a Mondella maestro level handle sink mixer?

AbdulHaddad
Just Starting Out

593A8ED8-C618-4BB2-AA2B-228D339B3325.jpeg

Re: how to replace a cartridge on a Mondella maestro level handle sink mixer

Does this model above (Mondella Maestro) use the 35 flat cartridges or the raised one?

Thanks!

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @clast14,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it's great to have you with us.

I've been in touch with my in-store plumbing expert who examined the product for me but were unable to give me a solid answer one way or the other. Unfortunately, being the weekend, Mondella's technical team is unavailable to provide advice.

My suggestion, if you need to replace it urgently, would be to remove the existing cartridge to determine whether you require a flat or raised cartridge, or to purchase one of each and take whichever one you do not use back to the store for a refund.

Let me know if you'd like me to contact Mondella once their offices reopen for assistance.

Jacob

Hi Jacob, yes would really appreciate getting info from Mandela, or maybe others here who have done it before.

Its not urgent, it’s still a very slow drip at this point.

Thank you.

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @clast14,

No worries, we will reach out to Mondella when their technical team is available. I am unsure if they are affected by the labour day public holiday tomorrow so it might be Tuesday before they are open for assistance.

If the issue worsens, and an emergency repair is required, you can remove the existing cartridge for comparison purposes. Hopefully it lasts till we can get the technical advice for you.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Jacob

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @clast14,

Spare parts from Mondella taps can be ordered through your local store's Special Orders desk. Simply place an enquiry next time you're in, and our Spare Parts team will contact you with a price. They can then order the replacement cartridge for you, which will be delivered to the store for pickup. 

If you wanted to try using one of the replacement cartridges from Kinetic in stock on our shelves, you'd need to take the leaking cartridge in with you to have a team member match it up as there are several different models. I did try to ascertain whether it was a flat cartridge or a raised one, but the team at Mondella were unable to provide that information.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell. Really poor from Mondella that they can't answer whether a flat or raised one is used.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @clast14,

Aftermarket parts suppliers such as Kinetic typically use the terms flat and raised. Mondella doesn't sell spare parts on the shelf in-store, so they refer to their parts as the cartridge to suit Mon1315. I'll put in a request to see if Mondella can provide information on whether it is raised or flat. However, if you want to replace your cartridge with one from Kinetic without taking your one in, you could pick up both the flat and raised cartridges and then return the one you don't need.

Mitchell

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @clast14,

Mondella have confirmed that it is the flat 35mm, so the Kinetic 35mm Mixer Tap Flat Cartridge would be the likely replacement.

Many thanks for your patience.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects