Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Installing floor trim between vinyl and concrete

prvz27
Building a Reputation

Installing floor trim between vinyl and concrete

Good evening everyone, hope you're all going well!

It's great to be back onto the workshop after a very long time! Been browsing through many of your projects and getting some solid inspiration again 👍👍

This question is not regarding the home, but rather our shop, moderators please let me know if post is not allowed. 

We've recently had vinyl installed over our concrete floor in our shop. The installer forgot to bring floor trims and he mentioned that we can grab some from Bunnings. I've hopped onto the website and I can see that there's many different types, but I'm not sure which one to get specifically and how to go about in installing these as I've never installed floor trims before. 

Would appreciate any assistance here 🙏

Thanks!

Photos of floor attached:

Inside shopInside shopFront entranceFront entrance

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Installing floor trim between vinyl and concrete

Hello @prvz27

Welcome back, it's good to see you posting projects again. You have a few options for floor trims. There is the Roberts 3.3m Pewter Hammered Cover Strip Trim that has mounting nails included. You can also use Selleys 350g Heavy Duty Liquid Nails in combination to secure it to the cement floor. I suggest having a look at Roberts 3.3m Silver Floating Floor Junior Trim as another option. This trim uses the Roberts Ramp And Cover Trim Plug - 10 Pack and gives it a nice clean look with no mounting points visible. 

Sounds like you've just had your flooring done. Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the new floor? I'm sure our members would be keen to see it. If you have any other projects lined up please don't hesitate to share them. We would be more than happy to provide advice and information should you need it.

Please keep us updated, we look forward to seeing more.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
prvz27
Building a Reputation

Hi @EricL,

Thanks a lot for the response!

Just a few questions Eric. 

We're liking the look of the Roberts silver floating junior trim. The vinyl tiles are placed slightly above the concrete floor by a few millimeters, will the junior trim accommodate for this height difference?

For installation, would it need to be hammered into the concrete with nails or will it be sufficient to just use liquid nails and secure it on the concrete floor?

Yes! Will definitely share photos when I'm in the shop next. 👍

Thank you!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @prvz27

The difference between your floor is only a few millimeters, the floor trim can easily accommodate this. The Roberts 3.3m Silver Floating Floor Junior Trim can be installed just by gluing it to the cement. Please use a rubber mallet to prevent damaging the trim. It is recommended that you use the Roberts Ramp And Cover Trim Plug - 10 Pack to secure it to the floor.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
prvz27
Building a Reputation

Hi @EricL 

Thanks for the instructions mate, appreciate it!  Will update once installed 👍

Cheers

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects